Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Was my GP (Dr) being rude or making fin of me here? I was anxious about an issue & she said “You’re always anxious when you’re here”?

Then said (after me admitting Im worried) that she “wished she could take that away Sally, I really do”

Was that “routine” Dr talk.?

Or was she actually being kind of “comforting”

She didnt take my vitals is that usual?

I was there to chat about a blood test I needed

I had blood test & will go back feb 3 for results..

**fun

Am asking if it’s rude, not saying!!

she probably wasnt trying to be rude

• denise

No, not rude, just observant of your feelings.

A lot of patients are anxious when seeing the doctor / nurse,  Its known as 'white coat syndrome'.

My doctor waits for a few minutes before taking my blood pressure, to let me relax a little, then the pressure is usually lower when he does.

• Chanel

You are maybe overthinking things and are too sensitive.

See what your doctor suggests next time and tell her you were worried last visit that you had said the wrong thing.

It troubles me that you think this could be rude.  It seems you have an issue with trusting people.  Of course you should question people, it helps you stay cautious and from being hurt, but you really need to know the difference.  Stop doubting yourself and find ways to be self-confident. 

gosh, you are extremely sensitive to implied criticism.

Your GP stated a fact as she saw it - You’re always anxious when you’re here”, after you admitted that we were worried

HOW is that being rude ?  How is that making fun of me

Girl, you are going to struggle through life if you continue to see innocent conversation as rudeness or making fun of you.

It was routine talk.  

Why should she take your vitals ? Did she need to ? Obviously not, given you were there to chat about a blood test

No, I don't think so. She was being a good doctor

• Cara

Now, what on earth is either rude or making fun of you there? Your doctor was trying to reassure you. She was trying to tell you not to worry, and for some reason you interpret that as possibly being rude. I think you should stop worrying.

dont sound like she meant to be rude