Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

Is not deleting points for questions permanent?

It appears so  for the time being............

but Yahoo can change things at any time of their choosing. 

• .

We don't know. We don't know if the situation is intentional or a glitch that just hasn't been fixed. We won't know if it's permanent or not, until the system goes back to deducting points or the site closes and points are still not being deducted up to that time.

• Daniel

We dont know yet there are a lot of problems going on with YA without any Statements from Yahoo we can only assume its a Bug

Im sure they will Fix it but when is any mans Best Guess

Correct which is great I love the new Yahoo Answers.

• .

Time will tell us

• Like I said in the very beginning that this may not be a glitch but a new point system that Verizon media are looking at.  You ask more questions they get more answers.  That more hits and that is what they use to sell ad space here.  Now I see others copying what I said.   Typical around here from some users.

No one really knows. I am tired of some people insisting it has to be glitch. That tells me they do not understand or have no idea of what a glitch really is. Verizon may have decided to stop charging 5 points for questions and to give us 6 points for choosing a best answer as a marketing decision to keep up with the competition from Quora, Reddit and Facebook's Ask.com. Quora is now paying some people MONEY to ASK questions. Unlike YA, Quora is privately owned and monitored and moderated by the management as well as the users. Yahoo was  and Verizon and Verizon Media are publicly owned. Verizon's investors and stock holders can revolt like Yahoo Inc.'s did in July 214 or protest in some way that has a similar ripple effect. Verizon has lost a LOT of money on Yahoo services and products. Verizon bought Tumblr for 1/4 Billion, then sold it to a startup for 1.4 Million, a loss of 99%. 

No one knows if this is a permanent policy change or not, bit it is time to to stop coloring the word Christmas red and blue with a waving Santa. Verizon and Verizon Media have not said anything. They do not have to say anything. 

BTW, I was the first one who said this might be a policy change. 

No one knows what is going on.

It all started in December and we all assumed it was a Christmas thing, but we're now 3 weeks into January and they still haven't changed it back. Also, you will notice that the words "Christmas" and "Santa" are still coloured in and when you click them, Santa still pops up on the screen and waves at you... again, they haven't changed that back either.

As sure as my shoe went with me to the zoo (I'LL WEAR WHAT I WANT- OR NOT- THANK YOU) I can tell you that Yahoo NO LONGER EXISTS  as a company! Please stop spreading falsehoods and GET A DEGREE, or if you can't afford it now- READ  a SCIENCE book!

After 30 days of reading science books you may even become SMARTER than ME. Ha ha good one!

- sorry my cold medicine must be getting to me.

• CarolOklaNola

Yahoo Inc. may no longer exist, but Yahoo still does exist even it is owned by Verizon and managed by Verizon Media. 

• .

We do not know.

But it makes sense.  Because there's less incentive now for members to answer questions with gibberish answers like "ook" and "asdf" just to accumulate enough points to post a new question.