James asked in TravelUnited StatesLas Vegas · 4 months ago

How much have you won or lost on a trip to Las Vegas? (Casinos)?

Also do you have any tips for a first time Las Vegas gambler? Places to avoid? Games to play? I’ll be taking $1,500 for a 5 day trip (this is the max I’m prepared to lose)

the most i lost is $20

the most i won is $300

Wonderful way to start a Las Vegas Gambler experience. Really the busiest city in the world. Mostly everything happens at night. The things you see and do on the strip are unbelievable.

https://bookonboard.com/tour-in-las-vegas-to-the-g...

• Jay P

I've been to Vegas 8 times and 6 of those trips I ended up losing.  Once I left even and once I won.

The most important thing is to play for fun, not for profit.  The casinos were built to take your money.  They are not charities for gamblers.  Having said that, all casino games ( except for poker ) have odds for the house, not the players.  However, some of the games do have better odds than others.  Play the games, such as Blackjack, which have smaller house odds so it will at least give you a better chance ( assuming you play correctly ) of winning, or at least not losing your money as fast...

• Ludwig

You don't need to gamble on a trip to Las Vegas, there are plenty of other things to do, and some of them will strip you of money quicker than the gaming tables. I spent two, 14 day holidays in las vegas and hardly gambled at all. If you want to gamble on the cheap there are one or two places off the strip that have low blackjack table limits during the graveyard shift, and if you LEARN THE STRATEGY you can play for quite a while without losing too much. If you want to walk off the tables with a sizeable win, you will have to be what they call a 'progressive bettor' but my advice is to just play the tables for fun, a bit. A craps table has a low house edge if you know how to ask for the 'free odds'. Shop around, there are plenty of tables and casinos.

Many strip casinos have a $10 minimum.

At 10 games per hour, playing the bare minimum bet - $1500 doesn't go very far.

Slots don't last much longer - at quarter slots a max bet is $1.25 (and you want to max bet because one of the saddest things would be winning a jackpot without having a max bet).

The sports book is a better because your bet can last the entire game.

If you don't know the rules of the games, the casinos have free classes / practice games in the morning for an hour.

Five days in Vegas is a really long time.  I'd be bored.  Make sure you save money to see some sites - Red Rock, Boulder Dam, Neon Museum, etc. 

$!0K was the best I ever did! I won a football contest at the Palms!

I hope you hit jackpot. Best of luck in Vegas.