Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 8 months ago

I hated windows 10. I want to stay with XP. What can I do?

XP is the best I have ever used. I don't want Microsoft taking advantage of me by upgrading my computer and/or operating system to 10. How can I stay with XP?

I tried 10 and still hated it.

Try Linux Is A free OS

• John

Go back to your fantasy world using a typewriter.

Stay with it then.

XP works on a 32 bit system. FACTORY rebuilds are still out there and run great and really cheap. I actually bought 5 in the last month to insure I can keep using my AutoCad programs which I bought for a couple thousand bucks years ago.

Just go to amazon and type in WIN XP 32 bit computers and you will find many right from the company refurbished with warranty.. I have had no problem with any of them. 

MOST will come with FACTORY WIN XP PRO installed on it or you can use your own if you bought a valid one like I did years ago.

JUST do not try to run auto updates and that is not supported BUT you can download the updates and install them yourself or down load form another Win XP system which has them installed and install them that way.

I love window 10. reason they upgrade. its mean company think for user

Try your luck with Microsoft for original XP CD :P

You don't have to worry about accidentally upgrading to Windows 10 from XP because there is no upgrade path from XP to Windows 10.

You're free to continue using XP but developers are also free to stop supporting it, as many have already done, including all the major web browsers.

Nobody is stopping you from keeping an old operating system, but don't complain if the lack of security patches results in your computer ending up getting infected or compromised somehow. You accepted those risks when you continued using XP after it was no longer supported.

• keerok

4 words - I still use XP.

XP was indeed good, but I like WIN7 better. So I'm hanging onto WIN7 as long as I can. There might come a time when I'll need to upgrade, but maybe by then it'll be WIN11 or 12...who knows?

I understand there is a way to get WIN10 act like WIN7. Having used both XP and WIN7, I think you'd like WIN7. Why don't you look into converting your WIN10 into a WIN7 emulator?

A year or two ago, XP was still the most popular Windows out there!  It might still be, I'm not sure. 

There are a lot of new features in 10 that I've got used to and can't do without.  But the real advantage is security.  XP is just not safe anymore, if you spend any significant time on the Internet.  If you never go on the Internet, it doesn't matter.

If you really like XP, and especially if you HATE HATE HATE Microsoft (like most people do these days) you might check out Linux.  Linux Mint and Zorin are two versions of Linux designed to look/feel/work like Windows XP/7, to make more users feel comfortable with Linux.  You will still have a learning curve, but Linux is MUCH safer than Windows XP.