Can bridesmaids have different hairstyles?

I am getting married in June but due to my bridesmaids having different preferred hairstyles and hair types and length, I was wondering if it would look ok for all bridesmaid to have different hair styles! They will all be in the same dress except for the MOH. My hair will be up!

I just want to know if there’s certain etiquette or protocol to follow as a bridal party!

• zipper

Hannah; what the problem here, of coarse it is A OK to have different hair styles after all they are different gals!  The Dirty Old Man Has Spoken!

I think everything will be good as long as they all have hair, I don't think you would want a ball headed woman being a bridesmaid. However I must say that baldheaded girl in Star Trek sure looked good to me. Of course she wasn't in a wedding scene. :)))

• GB

It depends on the ages of your bridesmaids.  IMO, wearing one's hair  in a bun does not look right  on a girl who is not yet a teenager and ludicrous if she is a 

preschooler. I don't think your bridesmaids would be happy, if you asked the ones with short hair to let theirs grow, or the ones with long hair to get theirs cut so everyone can look identical for your wedding. Have you ever looked at someone else's wedding photos and thought  it was bad that  the bridesmaids  did not all have the same hairstyle?  Ask your mom and m-i-l what they think.

You are getting married and not having and identical twin competition. Let your bridesmaids wear their hair anyway they want. After all, they've spent a lot of time energy and money on your wedding and might feel uncomfortable with a hairstyle of your choice. I would hate for someone to dictate what I do with my hair.

• drip

Of course the can have different hairstyles. This isn’t a chorus line in a musical. 

They are allowed to look different, they are not suppose to like clones.  

Don’t be a bridezilla.  Allow them to style their own hair and make up. 

It literally doesn't matter.

If they have different hair styles and preferred options - let them do their own thing.

• Hannah4 weeks agoReport

Thank you

Nothing specific. Hopefully, all the girls already have hairstyles that are flattering to their faces and personalities. And if one of them has been thinking of a little change, now is NOT the time to try it out.

• GB

Edna,  Maybe  Patricia objects to  using the  Lord's name as an expletive.

• Kelly

They don't need to look like replicas of each other, having their own hairstyles and even shoes is fine.

I've been in a lot of weddings and only 1 had a preference of how my hair was.  In my own wedding, I didn't care how their hair was.  I knew they'd look their best and could pick out a good hairstyle for their self.  I also let them pick their own shoes.

• Hannah4 weeks agoReport

Thank you!

The "etiquette and protocol" is simple. You can have your wedding any way you and your fiance' decide to have it. Anyone who doesn't like it doesn't have to show up. If you want your bridesmaids to look like individuals, that's fine. If you want them to look like cookies from a cutter, that's fine, too. The important part of the wedding is you and your fiance' agree on how it will go. The only REALLY important part begins AFTER the ceremony and reception, if you decide to have one. That isn't required by any laws.

• Hannah4 weeks agoReport

Thank you!

It's OK for your wedding party to have different hair styles.  Be mindful things that can't be controlled like height and physical build will be far more apparent than the hair. You have to allow people to be themselves on some level.   Matching dresses is enough.   The whole hair thing can also create a lot of drama so it's better to just let it be.

• Hannah4 weeks agoReport

Thank you!