Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 4 weeks ago

Germans are more likely to speak with a british accent (british english) or american accent (american english)  ?

Since Germany is closer to the United Kingdom than to the United States, they are most likely to have a British accent if they learn English as a first language.

Though most Germans who learn English, not as a first language are most likely to speak with a German accent.

They speak with a German accent

• Zirp

No, unless they had teachers who spoke either way

American accent? I am not aware of any such thing.

• Otto

Germans speak English with a German accent. Americans speak German with American slang.

A sister told me, she likes my Swebian- English.

Accents are determined by one's mother tongue and influence the way a particular word is pronounced -- how it sounds. So, Germans will almost certainly speak English with a German accent. Whether a person speaks British or American English is about their vocabulary and the idiomatic expressions they use, as determined by their education and has little or nothing to do with their accent.

Germans are more likely to speak with a German accent.

When I went to a German school as part of an exchange program, the Germans had a choice between learning "American English" and "British English".

I though they sounded German, no matter which one they chose. I imagine the differences are more noticeable in writing.

• Wilbert4 weeks agoReport

I'm german and over 90% of americans and british say that i have an "american way" and american accent when speaking english ... Since i wanted to have the British accent