How can I remove a paint thinner stain from wood?

I'm redoing an old hardwood floor, I've used paint remover and thinner to remove the old finish but of course some paint thinner spilt on the already done area and left large white marks.. what's the easiest way to remove this??

It isn't a stain. A stain is when something is left behind. The thinner has damaged the finish, not the same thing at all. The only way to remove the marks is to refinish that area. Since I don't know what product you're using, it's impossible for me to suggest how to do that. A light sanding with very fine sandpaper and applying another coat might work, or might not. Depends how far down the damage goes.

• Ashley1 month agoReport

The wood was already unfinished.. it was on unprotected wood.

Why did you use paint thinner at all?  The way you refinish a hardwood floor is to sand it down until all the prior finish is removed.

You need to sand the whole floor evenly.  Go rent a floor sander and take the whole thing down.  If you try and sand out just spot with the stain the floor will have low spot in that location.

You should be able to sand it out. I'd throw some 150 grit paper on a sander and go to town.