should tortilla wraps be stored in refrigerator?

how should tortilla wraps be stored

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Were they in the fridge in the shop?  It's a clue as to how to keep them.

• denise
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Once opened'  I re-seal the bag  and keep it in the bread bin, they seem to last a week or more.

• 8 months ago

What the heck is a tortilla wrap? What do you wrap a tortilla in?

A tortilla is a form of bread. Treat it like you would treat any other bread. It should be kept in the dark to retard mold, but it does not need to be refrigerated, which just tends to dry the bread out.

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I always stored my tortillas in the fridge, though I don't think it's actually necessary.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Yes, to retard mold.

• 8 months ago

They are like bread, made of flour (maybe corn meal depends on which kind you buy). How do you store your bread for example? Do that with the wraps.

I buy two loaves at a time through CostCo. So I freeze one loaf and use the other. You could do the same with the wraps. Freeze what you won't be using right away.

Caution do not use the microwave to unfreeze them. That will desiccate them. Just let them thaw in room temperature.

HINT: Place the frozen wraps atop the metal bottom of an upside down skillet at room temperature. That will speed up the thawing process by drawing heat from the pan's metal into the tortillas.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Freezer in a paper towel

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.