Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 7 months ago

How would you feel if your partner was constantly complimenting everyone around them besides you.?

I have talked to them about this on multiple occasions but they say that I'm just insecure, jealous and need to get more self confidence as they aren't doing anything wrong 

Honestly, I would get angry/annoyed if he constantly does it but of course, I would still ask him as to why he does that. Communication is key, honey. Even if you think you sound "petty" you gotta let it out and let him know. The rest will flow. Don't bottle up that emotion.

I would talk to him about it again and this time I would tell him it has to stop.  Either start showing you more Love or keep all compliments to yourself...you should find out why this is happening between the two of you.  If I were you I would take the time to find out why and go from there.

Being loved over is quite sad, hope that gets better.

People in australia are banning engine building video .The smart programs are being ruin so people cant fish build engines make machines WHO runs american is the tax payers no mass tax bankruptcy

• Helen

If I didn't feel appreciated I wouldn't stick around.

It's unclear why you still are.

• Alan H

That depends largely on how secure you feel in your relationship.

I KNOW I am viewed as special, so do not have to be told 

I actually think that’s super normal to feel insecure here. It’s like he or she can’t give you one, you’d think if they thought you were insecure they’d reassure you. Maybe they’re just a friendly person and compliment people or maybe they just like a flirt and it’s a bit of both. It would be understandable if they did it to you. But they aren’t so I don’t think they’re in it for the right reasons. Only gonna get hurt. I’d get out. You deserve a lot better. Don’t stand for it or they will just keep doing it. Especially if you let it. Good luck.

Terrible and then I would say goodbye to her.

• steve

My wife does this all the time and I have no problem. She is just being nice to everyone and knows I don't need the same if we are out as she is always wonderful to me when we are at home with no one else to amuse or entertain.

If you are constantly questioning her about this I am sure in her view you are jealous and insecure.

Next time you are out with friends let her do what she does and circulate yourself, speak to other people there and let her see you don't lack confidence.

I am sure if she saw you having a laugh and good time with another girl she would quickly be straight over to reign you in.

If you are a wall flower but your partner is a party animal it maybe is not the best mix.

I wouldn't like it. Have you even bothered to talk to him about it?