Did you remember to spit on a fig tree when walking past it?

Narrated by Fasini al-Kubra: the Messenger of Allah (prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him) would pass by a fig tree and curse at it, and after making such a curse, he would spit towards it. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) enjoined in this obligation.

When questioned about his behaviour, he would reply: did not Prophet Isa (The Islamic name for Jesus) also curse a fig tree when it failed to bring fourth its fruit? If you respect Prophet Isa, then you will imitate his works and curse at the fig tree.

Henceforth, it became an Islamic tradition (known as albasaq eala shajarat altyn) that when a believer passes by a fig tree, he would spit towards the tree and make a curse before leaving it. This will prevent the tree from bearing any fruit, and its leaves shall be destroyed.

99.9% of Muslims wouldn't know what a fig tree looked like.

Figs come in plastic tubs for the Rich Muslims.

• JASON

Note to self. Do not buy any more figs.

• Marco

I will keep that in mind if I ever see a fig tree in my life. Also, I officially no longer enjoy fig newtons. Are there any other foods that might have been spit on? 

That's silly. Jesus never did that, regardless what your book says.

I don't know what's more absurd.

The fact that jebus cussed out a fig tree

Or the fact that Mohammed, upon learning this, decided to emulate him.

I'm legit tempted to plant a fig tree outside a mosque and see how many of the sheeple actually spit on it.