If Dr. Martin Luther King Jr hadn’t been assassinated in 1968, do you think he would’ve,  at some point, ran for president?

He would probably have been too old by the time the country was accepting of the concept. I was born before the armed services integrated.

No, way too many skeletons in his closest

Maybe in the late 80's or 90's not the 70's.

Although, I do agree with Cindy, not Lily.

Cindy is an intellectual.

• Lili

You're certainly not, dear. Too funny.

No.  He was getting more of the results that he wanted just being MLK, and not president.  He was able to focus on the issues that mattered to him and his followers. He didn't want to divert his attention and energy to other things.

• Lili

No.  He was the target of too much hostility from a lot of whites, and his candidacy would not have been viable.  He had no experience in elective office, in any case. We're seeing what a problem that is when it comes to the presidency.

However, I think he could have run for Congress, though I'm not sure he would have wanted to do so. He may have felt that he could do more good outside of the strictures of legislative office.

No. He was already getting set up to be compromised based on his adultery.

• Lili

Didn't hurt Bill Clinton.  King could have run in the 90s himself.  He would have been only in his 60s.