If Dr. Martin Luther King Jr hadn’t been assassinated in 1968, do you think he would’ve,  at some point, ran for president?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

He would probably have been too old by the time the country was accepting of the concept. I was born before the armed services integrated.

• 1 month ago

No, way too many skeletons in his closest

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Maybe in the late 80's or 90's not the 70's.

Although, I do agree with Cindy, not Lily.

Cindy is an intellectual.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You're certainly not, dear. Too funny.

• 1 month ago

No.  He was getting more of the results that he wanted just being MLK, and not president.  He was able to focus on the issues that mattered to him and his followers. He didn't want to divert his attention and energy to other things.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.  He was the target of too much hostility from a lot of whites, and his candidacy would not have been viable.  He had no experience in elective office, in any case. We're seeing what a problem that is when it comes to the presidency.

However, I think he could have run for Congress, though I'm not sure he would have wanted to do so. He may have felt that he could do more good outside of the strictures of legislative office.

• 1 month ago

No. He was already getting set up to be compromised based on his adultery.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Didn't hurt Bill Clinton.  King could have run in the 90s himself.  He would have been only in his 60s.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.