Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

I don't have the same last name as my paternal grandfather or my paternal cousins, is this weird?

For some reason, My dad doesn't appear to have his dad's last name. But I do have my dad's last name. Also, my dad's brothers have kids and I don't have the same name as them either. I don't really know why this is the case. Is this weird?

@Susie, what those reasons, My father is not the kind of man I can just walk up to and start asking questions. I am afriad that you will have to answer the question, you fking btch. 

• Kelly

That's really not all that uncommon.  A last name is just a last name.  

My husband and I have different last names, our kids all have his which was a decision we made together.  It wasn't a demand of his or some other misogyny BS.  We have a set of twins and considered each having one of our last names.  I had a daughter I adopted before I met him and she had my last name, after he also adopted we let her choose which one she wanted.  Initially she picked mine, several years later after we had kids and they had his last name she opted to change it too.  

My husband's sister and brother in law also have separate last names and their kids have hyphenated names of both of them.

My paternal grandfather was a douche..  luckily we have a common last name so nobody really associates me with him.

• Susie

There are several reasons this could happen. Ask your father about it.