if I just eat what I want but eat 1500 calories a day and do cardio 4 days a week will I lose weight? ?
I am going to try and eat healthier cut junk food out just have meals will I lose weight doing this sticking to 1500 calories a day and doing cardio 4 days a week?
- Max HooplaLv 74 weeks ago
You will be hungry but will lose weight.
- ChrisLv 74 weeks ago
Wait until you see how little 1500 of eating whatever you want actually is,
- MamawidsomLv 74 weeks ago
Maybe, maybe not. Here are some things to consider:
1. To lose weight/fat you need to have a calorie deficit. If 1,500 calories is less than your body uses each day, you will create a calorie deficit. If you don't use us that many calories, you will not lose weight.
2. WHAT you eat does matter. When you eat a carbohydrate, your body releases insulin to deliver the glycogen produced by the carb to your cells. Insulin also tells your cell to stop burins stored fat and to store any extra glycogen as fat. If you eat a lot of carbs, your body will be in sugar burning/fat storing mode. The more often you eat, the more likely your body will have insulin in the blood.
3. WHEN you eat matters. Our cells use fuel as they need it. If we consume more calories (fuel) than our cells need, they body store that extra fuel as fat. The more calories we eat later in the day-- when we are less likely to burn the fuel, the more likely we will end up storing some of those calories.
4. Our bodies are hard wired to seek out proper nutrition including vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids, an essential fatty acids. If you don't provide those nutrients in the foods. you eat, you are more likely to have cravings and hunger. The more cravings and hunger you have, the harder it is to stay on a calorie restricted diet.
- jehenLv 74 weeks ago
Most assuredly you will lose weight, unless you are already a very small person and your idea of cardio is a walk around the block.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Anonymous4 weeks ago
You sure will. Whether you lose muscle mass or fat, however, rather depends on how much protein you eat.
- PetterLv 74 weeks ago
Pretty much depends on your current weight, but if you are over weight, then yes.