Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Please help?

Last night while I was lying in bed, my Apple Watch buzzed at me telling me my heart rate dropped below 50. For an hour or two after that my heart rate was between 47-54. It dropped to 44 while I was watching it. I took it feeling my pulse and it was the same rate. I got up walked around and it never went higher than 54. I felt the effects of it a bit. I have an eating disorder but not that much under weight? Why do you think that happened? It isn’t the first time it’s done it. do I tell my doctor about it or just ignore it?

As long as it stays above zero you are still living.

The lower end of perfectly normal.

''What Is a Normal Heart Rate While Sleeping? Heart rate during the night varies widely between individuals: it can be between 40–100 beats per minute and still be considered normal. It can also change from day to day, depending on your hydration level, elevation, exercise and temperature.'' https://ouraring.com/heart-rate-while-sleeping/

That is lower than most people. Check your blood pressure. You can do that free at your local pharmacy. That is something to watch, especially with an eating disorder. 

Also I hope you are getting help for your eating disorder, because that can do a lot of damage to the body.  

• hunter1 month agoReport

I was but because I lost weight they stopped my
      CBT treatment and said I wasn’t ready due to losing weight so I am not having any treatment for it

Tell your doctor. You might be fine. Some people have slower heartbeats than others, but still it would be wise to check it out.

• Petter

It's perfectly normal for your pulse to drop whenever you lie down.