Why have I been sent an email saying I have violated answers TOS and if I do it again I will lose my account?

I have no idea what I have done so how will I know not to do it again

Thank you to everyone for your answers

• Sharon
    Favorite Answer

Make sure it is really from Yahoo. This is how to identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2091.html

• Daniel

I think you got a Scam Email Message just Delete it and Ignore It

Well, put it this way, I remember I received two of those within one year but by account never got suspended.

I really don't think that it is from Yahoo.  I got one a few weeks ago.  I replied and was very nasty and curse them.  I didn't violate any of these rules.  I got a reply back which said they made a mistake and they were sorry.  I think they are fake emails.

• .

Make sure it's legit. Several others have posted about similar emails, but the violation/content removal emails (in general) don't seem to be activated again so it very well could be a fake (look at the info that tells who sent it and who it was sent to). Legit emails also include the text of your post that was the violation (so you can appeal). 

.

In the past it was not the habit of YA to be specific about what Community Guideline or Term of Service that was violated, because that would require a large staff due to the large # of posts that are removed (and thus emails that would need to be sent). The emails are very general and the assumption is that if you are properly familiar with the 'rules' here, you either won't violate them or be aware of when you do. 

.

You can post here and ask the users "Was this post a violation" and we can tell you what it may have violated (if anything). You'll need to word it exactly as previously though, including any updates, images, and links that were part of the alleged violating post. Of course, there are ways to violate TOS without having a specific post that's a violation (such as point gaming with multiple accounts) so make sure your account(s) behavior is not a violation either.

• bluebellbkk

They certainly DID use to tell you what the 'violation' was, but certainly not at all recently.

Check your notifications and history for info and to see what is missing. It is also possible the email is not from Yahoo at all (look at the details in the heading). It may be a phishing attempt.

• LAN

Open up your history and we could probably tell you.  With it hidden how could anyone know what you do to get reported?  

I am willing to be that the majority of posts you make are either chat violations or posting the same thing over and over.

Or you are being trolled.   Since you didn't send an image of the Email, once again how could we tell.

Think through your questions before posting.

Maybe your being tested and being touted to be a judge yourself.

That's a scam Y!A no longer sends out email violation notifications.

• Zirp

because the owners of the site are morons