Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

Why does my girlfriend go jealous when I tell other girls that they're beautiful?

I tell her that she's beautiful all the time. Compliments are free.

• Candi

Because she is your girlfriend. If I were you I would stop giving other women compliments in front of her at least if you can't stay faithful break up.

Because you probably agreed to be in a monogamous relationship which usually means that kind of stuff is not allowed. You're monogamous which means youre supposed to only give your love, attention, and compliments to your significant other.

• Kelly

It's not jealousy it's an insecurity she gets from feeling like you're comparing her to others and then feeling the need to compete.

How you feel or would react to it on the flip side of this is irrelevant, her feelings are just that..  her feelings and nobody is wrong for how something makes them feel.

Myself, my husband is a good guy and he's a person who likes to make people feel good, he's quick with compliments to a lot of people and he continues that because I don't have any issues with it.  He though is also loyal AF, if I told him something bothered me about it...  he would refrain from it.  He would and always has put me before others.

• Lili

Why are you telling other girls they are beautiful in front of your girlfriend?

That's highly inappropriate behavior. Cut it out.

And be advised that if some other woman's boyfriend happens to be hanging around, he could be upset. The other woman might also think you are trying to come on to her and find that creepy.

• P

Because complimenting a girl like that is a form of flirting and it diminishes the compliments you give your girlfriend since you give them out so freely.