Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 months ago

My boyfriend and I haven’t spoken in 12 days after fight. Is it over? ?

My boyfriend and I were together for 4 years. In the last couple months he has been acting very distant in the sense that he no longer wants to have sex anymore, doesn’t touch me, calls me “homie” jokingly, never wants to go on dates anymore. Just overall acts like a friend with no romantic interest. I asked him about it and he said everything was fine. However, I discovered a couple things that led me to realize he is sleeping with other people and they are getting his attention instead. I was over his house one night and tried to initiate sex and he just stopped me and tried to cuddle instead and I got frustrated because it had literally been over a month since he even tried. All the months of trying to work on our issues with no help from him just came to a head and I sort of went off saying I felt like he was no longer into me anymore and if that’s the case why can’t he just tell me? His response was “I’m not talking about this I’m about to go to bed are you staying here or going home?” I said fine I’ll leave. Got in the car, cried, and texted him I think we both need some time apart and then maybe I can try to be your friend. He called me and said “so we are taking time apart?” I said yes and he said with an attitude “ok have a good night” and hung up on me. That was 12 days ago and I have not heard from him since. Should I reach out or just let the whole relationship go? It scares me to throw 4 years down the drain but clearly things between us have changed. 

Sounds like he was leading up to a break up, and you finished it for him. Find someone else. Sounds like he's done.

• steve

If he is sleeping with other girls and turning you down when you offer, even if you have been with him for 4 years, dump him and have no further contact.

Then you go and find someone else then parade them where you know your now ex will be and put on PDA's so he sees what he has lost. 

I have dated girls for longer than 4 years but then split. If it is broken it is pointless trying to catch what has already hit the ground and smashed into pieces.

Move on and find someone new and show the ex what he is missing but only if you are serious about the new person. It would be unfair to use the new guy just to get back at your ex.

• R L

you already know the answer but for some reason you are afraid to let something that was dead already go.....you deserve a real man who will treat you emotionally and sexually like a equal partner show be treated. Like a woman period.

Once I was where you are....then I got amazing grace, when its about sex before marriage...then it is over before it began.what do you get after years?  weeping 4eva in regret.....when we don't honor truth and expect loyalty it is a mess, .just saying

It's over.  Accept it and move on.  It was over when you found out he was sleeping with other people.

• Petter

It's clearly over. Time to move on.