Girlfriend issue ?

Not sure where to go with this 

So, I’ve been with this girl for 2 years it’s been a happy relationship most of it however I’ve found myself in a predicament. She has always been relatively bitey (always shouting or talking to me like ****. Unfortunately she doesn’t hear herself. She has had both her parents tell her that she does it. I’ll some times Mutter something under my breath and she’ll get even more agitated. I’ve tried talking to her numerous times about it & last time I mentioned it she brought up how she treats me like a king physically but not aware mentally I feel drained like I’m treading on egg shells. In case I say or do something that will piss her off. I do love her & want to stay with her however, I cannot & will not stay with someone who talks to me the way she does.  I’m not sure why she’s like that or what to do.. 

(If I get something wrong, if I say something she doesn’t like, if I don’t do as she says etc I’ll always get delivered an aggressive response) 

Don't stay.  You've been together 2 years, if you haven't found the happy ground between you and her by now you never will.  For whatever reasons, she doesn't respect you enough to treat you well.  And that won't change.

And in the future, never tolerate this kind of behavior from anyone.  The more you allow it to continue the more the other person feels empowered to dominate you.

• Iam

OK, you have three options, as I see it.

Option 1: Put up with it. Not a good recipe for mental well being.

Option 2: Dump. Only you know if that is the right option for you.

Option 3: Positive reinforcement. Now this could be hard work. So when she shouts or swears, pause, wait, then say something like "I don't like it when you speak to me like that. I'm going to step outside, come and find me when you are calmer". Or something like that. NEXT: Do something nice when she speaks calmer or cools down, like say "I really appreciate the effort you have made to calm down" and stuff like that e.g. a big hug etc.

Might work?

• Dave

Simply put, she's an@sshole, and will probably always be an @sshole. You're wasting your time on this chick.