Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMobile Phones & Plans · 1 month ago

setting up new mobile phone?

Sorry, this is probably pretty obvious, but its the first time I have had to do it

so - I am in the UK

I have a smartphone, that is old and crap. I own it outright and have a SIM only contract, which I like (GiffGaff)

I am getting a new phone - new, unlocked, owned outright - and want to keep the same contract.

I will use samsung smart switch to transfer contacts and docs

its just my 'contract' I am asking about

can I just transfer my SIM and the phone will be OK?

Do I need to let GiffGaff know my new IMIE number or whatever?

Thank you Petter. I thought that was probably the case, but relieved to have it confirmed. I will give you best answer asap

• Petter
    Favorite Answer

GiffGaff (or any other phone company) doesn't care what phone you use, unless the phone is somehow locked to a certain Telecom company due to a contract. Just transfer SIM and all should be OK.

You can tinker in the settings or fully customize the phone to your heart’s content—this is Android,

after all—but most of it just amounts to personal preference.

One last tip? Keep an eye on Google Assistant, a personally assistant baked into Android that will

learn from your search and location history to serve up timely information and articles.

To make sure it’s on, go to Settings > Google > Search, where you can customize the type of cards you see,

which notifications you get, and what sort of voice activation you prefer,