Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

Should I not allow my daughter around ?

For the past 4 years all I have heard out of my parents are we want a grandbaby, we want you to have a baby, you should have a child.... well I finally found the one 2 years ago, we have settled down and recently gotten married, I just found out I am having a baby and I notified my mom.. she ran back and told my dad... 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Well my car has mold in it and I asked them if once I have the baby or closer to time if they could help me get a clean car (used) nothing fancy. They flew off of the henges and I ended the call for the sake of my stress and my babies stress. I would not have asked for help unless it was for the fact of a child coming into my life. One line my mom said that made me mad and stayed in my head was “you should have thought about your life and a car before you thought about a child” yet for 4 years all I heard was baby baby baby. Not to mention my 16 year old brother has a 2019 Dodge Challenger. 

I asked my husband if I should ever have anything to do with them again and he told me it was my family he wasn’t stopping me. I do not want my baby around my parents if they can not accept it. And the fact of mold growing in the back seat and floorboard (ever since I have had it) they should see where I am coming from. I do not want my baby in the environment of this because of the health problems it could cause.

Favorite Answer

Well, they're not wrong that you should have put together the financial means to have a child before having one. But it's a bit rich that they've been pushing you to have the luxury item a child now is without considering that you can't really afford that.

maybe you should just get your car cleaned out

• The roof leaks there are mushrooms growing in the back seat due to the water coming in from the top of the car it is a convertible 

Wow.  You'll hate this answer, but this reads like you are nowhere near ready to be a mom.  You're trying to be a "hero" because you don't want your child around mold, but that doesn't make you a hero!  And that goes triple if you can't afford to fix it.  Your parents aren't wrong to point this out.  Also, if you can't afford a cheap car, how do you intend to pay for a MUCH more expensive baby? 

And now this baby isn't going to be born for months and you're already using it as pawn to get back at your parents?   How old are you?

The other obvious question is why your parents are such a big part of your decision making.   That's why I asked how old you are.

Get your car cleaned by a professional cleaning service. There are businesses which detail and clean cars.

And you shouldn't be in that car breathing that mold at all,. Not ever

• Carmen

A wise person sees danger and protects themselves and  child or children even before they arrive why are you putting your health I'm danger riding in a car that's mold filled and even though most parents want grandkids but not if you're not ready physically emotionally or financially because you will be responsible for that child regardless of what happens in life it's your decision whether you deal with your parents or not or if they choose to help you a vehicle that's why it's important to count the cost before making major decisions especially since you have a husband now . Pray for a calm heart and peace of mind .

Your parents are unhinged

and you arent far behind them

1 - NEVER have a baby because someone else asks you to (you will say you didnt, ergo, you cant hodl them accountable for buying you a car making your argument moot)

2 - Get your car cleaned take responsibility for yourself and grow up