What do I do about my wedding dress?

My dress is silver, it stops at my knees in the front and flows down to my feet in the back.... I love it, however my fiancees grandma says it needs to be white and long, his mom just does not like me or the dress so she says whatever her mother in law says. Anytime anything comes up she blesses me out. What do I do about the dress? The wedding is Sunday. 

it's none of the grandmothers business what you wear. My take on it is -- if Grandma doesn't like the dress you select for YOUR wedding, then she shouldn't wear that same dress .

Simple as that.

• GB

Start as you mean to go on. If it's part of your culture for a wife to defer to her husband's  mom, grandma and other female elders, then don't wear the dress. You could ask them to choose a dress yo make sure they approve, though at such short notice it's tricky. 

Alternatively, woman up and tell them 'My wedding, my dress.'

Just wear what you want, and tell them hey if you want to have a relationship with your grandkids don't pester me on something so trivial

Tell your b/f the wedding is off and when he asks why, just tell him you can't get along with his gm and mother. See if he addresses the situation or won't talk to them about it, you should get an answer from him.

There's nothing you can do about it now.  Wear the gown as is and let them live with it.  It's your wedding day not theirs.  Wear the gown you want to this one in a lifetime event.

• Eva

You wear it. All the matters is that you like it. Your fiancees family has nothing to say about it. I'm guessing they didn't pay for it either. Grandma is a traditionalist. Women wear any color and any length now.

• drip

Wear the dress you picked out. You never ever should of showed it to anyone! 

You are the bride, right? In that case you have the right to wear whatever the heck you want, regardless of anybody else's opinion.

If I were you, I would marry this man and move as far away from his family as you possibly can. They sound like interloping witches.

Your dress is the dress you have.

His grandmother doesn't get to plan your outfit; and her generation had different expectations anyway. So ignore them.

• You wear what you want, it's your wedding not theirs. If they knew about the dress they should have voiced their opinions a long time ago, or kept their mouths shut.

But if you want to keep their thoughts in mind, get a more traditional white dress for the wedding ceremony (you may have to get one off the rack), you can incorporate silver in your decor. Save the silver dress for the reception.