Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 8 months ago

How often should someone be vaccinated ?

Forgive me for my ignorance on this topic. Last time I remember being vaccinated was when I was 12 or 13 at school. I've been vaccinated before that by my elementary school and doctor. I never knew what the vaccines were for. It's been about 10 years since I've been vaccinated. Is it just a one time thing or a yearly thing. 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

When you can't remember the last time you were vaccinated is a good rule of thumb.

• 8 months ago

Some vaccines require booster shots.  Best to ask a doctor instead of people on the internet. 

• 8 months ago

depends on the vaccine

• 8 months ago

Different frequencies for different vaccines.

Flu vaccine is once a year, while other vaccines are once a life time.

Still, others are every 10 years.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Some Vaccines only need to be applied one time. Many others need to be applied multiple times. So each one is different. I would ask your family doctor. He will know your medical history and will be able to schedule follow ups if needed. 

• Dixon
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Mostly it is a one time thing but for example, tetanus needs a booster shot after about 10 years.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Talk to your family doctor, they would know what you need and when.

• 8 months ago

Vaccines can kill you.

• 8 months ago

Your blood test shows which antigens are already mising. I guess that it will be namely the antigens for tetanus.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

One time. Next time you visit your Doctor ask what vaccines you have had.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.