Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 4 weeks ago

How often should someone be vaccinated ?

Forgive me for my ignorance on this topic. Last time I remember being vaccinated was when I was 12 or 13 at school. I've been vaccinated before that by my elementary school and doctor. I never knew what the vaccines were for. It's been about 10 years since I've been vaccinated. Is it just a one time thing or a yearly thing. 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

When you can't remember the last time you were vaccinated is a good rule of thumb.

• 4 weeks ago

Some vaccines require booster shots.  Best to ask a doctor instead of people on the internet. 

• 4 weeks ago

depends on the vaccine

• 4 weeks ago

Different frequencies for different vaccines.

Flu vaccine is once a year, while other vaccines are once a life time.

Still, others are every 10 years.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Some Vaccines only need to be applied one time. Many others need to be applied multiple times. So each one is different. I would ask your family doctor. He will know your medical history and will be able to schedule follow ups if needed. 

• Retief
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Talk to your family doctor, they would know what you need and when.

• 4 weeks ago

Vaccines can kill you.

• 4 weeks ago

Your blood test shows which antigens are already mising. I guess that it will be namely the antigens for tetanus.

• sparrow
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

It shows which antibodies are missing, not antigens.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

''All adults need a seasonal flu (influenza) vaccine every year. Flu vaccine is especially important for people with chronic health conditions, pregnant women, and older adults.

Every adult should get the Tdap vaccine once if they did not receive it as an adolescent to protect against pertussis (whooping cough), and then a Td (tetanus, diphtheria) booster shot every 10 years. In addition, women should get the Tdap vaccine each time they are pregnant, preferably at 27 through 36 weeks.''

Adults 19-26

''In addition to seasonal flu (influenza) vaccine and Td or Tdap vaccine (Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis), you should also get HPV vaccine, which protects against the types of human papillomaviruses (HPV) that cause most cervical, anal, and other cancers, as well as genital warts. CDC recommends:

HPV vaccination for all preteens at age 11 or 12 years (can be given starting at age 9 years).

HPV vaccination for everyone through age 26 years, if not vaccinated already.

Some vaccines may be recommended for adults because of particular job or school-related requirements, health conditions, lifestyle or other factors. For example, some states require students entering colleges and universities to be vaccinated against certain diseases like meningitis due to increased risk among college students living in residential housing.''

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/adults/rec-vac/index....

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

One time. Next time you visit your Doctor ask what vaccines you have had.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.