Your suggestions for a bread to go with meal?

Planning to make sauteed shrimp and spinach and serve with a grapefruit compote with a little coconut on top. Having appetizers ahead and a heavy rice pudding for dessert.

Just in case anyone would miss a starch at the meal, would like to serve a bread item. Could you suggest a roll/bread/biscuit/muffin whatever that you think would be a nice side with the meal?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Rice is a starch which is what helps your pudding thicken.

I'd make some toast triangle or Melba toast for some textural variety. Everything else is kinda squishy so the crunch will be a welcome change.

• denise
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Small dinner rolls [especially the frozen ones] baked in 'muffin' pans & brushed with garlic or herb butter.

These should go with the starters and / or the main. 

• Linda
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I think brown rice or whole wheat pasta would be excellent. Rice goes well with any seafood. I think it will be a success with your meal!

• 8 months ago

Fresh focaccia bread

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

For fast and easy, cut pita, flat bread, tortillas into strips or wedges and toast lightly.

If you want something from scratch, cornbread goes well with seafood. Can you get coarse yellow corn meal? That always adds interest to cornbread. 

• CB
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Baguette slices cut on diagonal rubbed with garlic and toasted lightly. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.