Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 8 months ago

If breastfeeding is so politically-correct and medically correct then why can't the average mother tell her child how she fed them by?

By the time they are about 6 or 7 years old? Why does she keep it a secret from all of her children until they are graduating the 10th grade?

Your politics is this?

I don't know anyone who kept it a secret.

I didn't.

My daughter doesn't.

• GB

Maybe that's your experience: if so it sounds peculiar  to wherever you were brought up.  It sounds like somewhere, where  moms are told ''If you bottle-feed from birth, then you don't have trouble weaning them onto one."  Or maybe you are talking about your own mom?  If you are and you have a younger sibling, I am guessing the age gap is too small for you to remember their  infancy. 

They usually don't keep it a secret... there is nothing to be ashamed of with breastfeeding and it's ok for kids to know what it is. If your parents kept it a secret from you that means they probably have mental issues.

• L

Because elementary age children do NOT understand anything about this.  It is not until they become teens, or older, that they know anything about it.

• Suzy Q

Says who?

I never made a secret of how I fed my kids. No idea when I first mentioned breastfeeding them, but it definitely came up when we talked about babies growing in their mother's abdomen. So around 2-3 or so.

So let's reverse the question: if breastfeeding is so bad and shameful, why does the average mother have no trouble whatsoever telling her children how she fed them? 

I've never known anyone to keep it from their child..

II had no idea mothers were doing this. Could it be because too many people still think breast feeding is weird or shameful?

• Satan

What...the....hell...are ...you....on....about?

That seems like it depends on what house the kids are in and town and time which come from because younger up to 40 kids around the neiborhood and did not care if a mother had close on or their close where on out side and now look at the difference.