Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

I have a 2.5 years old male cat. He eats 1 piece of boiled fish everyday but he never gets healthy.?

He is not really thin & not that bulky either like some street cats I see sometimes. I want to know if mixing up cat food (grinding the cat food into powder form) along with the fish might help him get little chubby. He has not yet been vaccinated or dewormed. I was wondering if deworming helps in gaining weight? Even though he is a house cat, he does run around a lot inside the house & also plays fetch with me. He is a virgin & has never been in contact with any other female cat. Not sure if that plays a part in a cat gaining weight!

Any tips to make him fat?

• Eva
    Favorite Answer

No reason to grind up dry food. He can eat that perfectly fine. If all you're feeding him is the fish, he has a vitamin deficiency. Put out a dish of dry food that he can pick at all day. He may need to be wormed as well. If he has not been neutered, he should be. They often gain weight when they are. Some cat breeds are naturally slender.

• Ken S

Cats are obligate carnivores. That means meat eaters. You are shortening your cat's life.

Just to be sure that doesn't mean you can just feed a leg of chicken everyday as they need a full diet. Learn about feline nutrition before you kill him

www.catinfo.org

Dude, a female human is a virgin. A male is inexperienced. If the kitty looks & acts fine, then don't worry 'bout it. Kitties eat often, but only take a few bites at a time. One meal a day isn't enough.

He needs a more varied diet.

• PAMELA

No, a cat should not be fat, just eat the right food, your cat should eat proper cat food, fish is not good for cats, it is not their natural food, when did you ever see a tiger eat fish? get proper cat food,and for god's sake do not grind it into powder, a cat needs something to chew on, have you had cats before? look up how to care for one, and have him neutered too.

• Goerge

And you sound exactly like a troll. I also heard about that guy who eats only french fries and he wasn't healthy. Balanced nutrition does not come from a boiled fish daily.

Maybe give him the cat food whole and sprinkle powdered fish over it.