Aggression after surgery when first wake up. If it happens once does that mean it will happen every time have surgery? Worried Mom asking.  ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No way to say.  Definitely raise it with the medical staff if you need to be put under again that it happened the last time so they are aware and can be ready for it.

• 1 month ago

Might be a 'one-off' but if you go in for another surgery discuss this with your anesthesiologist, which could be important.

Personally, I have the same waking dream after every surgery (out of 6 surgeries).

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I did that last time, the only time in six surgeries. It's the anaesthetic.

• 1 month ago

No. Some people wake up happy, some wake up crying, some wake up horny. No one person wakes up the same way each time.

• Kendra1 month agoReport

Thank you. 😀

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

My son has had multiple surgeries when a baby but his last one at 6 years old caused bad experience when he first woke up. Now he has another surgery at around 8 years old and I stay up at night worried about how it will go even though its still a year away. I am praying this aggression where he pulled his IV out and hit nurses won't happen again. Just FYI he was born with cleft lip and palate. Also is on the autism spectrum, high functioning so can talk but does struggle with anxiety and behavior challenges. Wish I could just stop thinking about it but this bone graft surgery has me so scared. I wish I could have the surgery for him. 

• thinkingtime
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Good luck with it all.I had a 10 year old in my class who had had a cleft lip , and when she told me she had to go and get her face looked at, I couldn't see anything..

• 1 month ago

Not atypical. Generally related to the anesthesia.

• Kendra1 month agoReport

Thank you 😌

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.