Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Waking from sleep crying...?

From the time I remember, I hear people around me complaining of me waking up crying at night, sometimes saying words or sounds of helplessness. Happens every few weeks or so since childhood.  If someone accidentally touches me in sleep or makes any sound this happens to me.  I remember vaguely next morning but most times don’t.  The worst day was when recently my 6 year old complained of me doing so and she told me “mama I patted you back to sleep.”  God I hated me so much Thst day.  My spouse hates the idea of getting psych care or anything for this and says “it’s just in the mind and get it off.”  I tried figuring out what triggers it like any emotional trigger or so and so but still got no idea.. guys, did anyone of you have such problem and how did it go away?  I know this sounds all funny to people but please don’t make joke of it because am already so guilty and down with this recently.  Suggestion please...,

My husband says I cry/hurtful moan in my sleep. He'll rub my back and I'll stop. I don't know if it's the same with you, but for me it seems like stress will do it. Gives me bad dreams, or dreams that are insufferably irritating. I also have sleep apnea and am waiting on replacement parts for my breathing machine so I don't go into a deep sleep where you don't dream. Just a thought, that maybe it's the same for you?  I dunno, but I'd talk to a doctor about it, so you can see a sleep specialist. Your hubby has the wrong idea. Sometimes you need outside help to fix an issue that you don't have the power to solve on your own. Getting clarification at least is a step to getting it solved. Any possible issues for this isn't just going to up and stop 1 day. Good luck!

• Andy C

Your spouse is ignorant of the benefits of psychological and psychiatric care. You sound depressed and, untreated, depression ONLY gets worse.

Never better.

Ask your spouse if he would have you just ignore a broken leg or blood in your stool.

Mental health is more important than physical health.