Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 4 weeks ago

Are feelings of failure after a pet died normal? ?

My pet was sick, I took her to the vet, gave meds, etc but I feel like I could have done more. Maybe I did the wrong thing, but been feeling so much guilt and failure now. Is this normal?

Don’t tell me it’s not my fault because it js

Is

I should have paid for extra testing but I didn’t think I had the money..I should have tried something else for her breathing. I shouldn’t have slept for 2 hours while she was sleeping. I failed deeply 😔 I hate myself

• Nathan
    Favorite Answer

It is, and that's how you know you truly cared about them

• k w

did you think to give your animal a mineral block to lick ? why do you think they do it for farm animals ? whatever excuse they give is just a lie.....humans need minerals too, all flesh needs minerals, sorry you lost your pet !

Yes very normal.  My dog died a few years back.  I was hurt and devastated and I blamed myself.  Imagine my outrage when I discovered my dog had been poisoned by my drunk liberal neighbor because he was angry about Hillary Clinton losing the election.  My neighbor was sent to jail and beaten to a pulp in a prison riot.  I couldn't be happier about that.