Why Does My PA Driver’s License Say Commercial Listen e Status “Valid?” ?

I don’t recall applying for a commercial license in my life!

• Bort

If you've never applied and took the tests to aquire your CDL that is most likely a mistake and you need to have that corrected. You shouldn't have to pay for anything since they made that mistake. The E on is an endorsement restriction. 

The E restriction is a CDL specific restriction that restricts a CDL driver from operating Commercial Vehicles with a manual transmission. They're not allowed to drive a "stick" because they didn't take the test(s) approving them to drive a manual. 

That restriction only applies to Commercial Drivers Licenses and Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV).

Source(s): I'm from PA and have my CDL. Had to learn about all of this stuff in order to get my CDL.

DMV here is closed.  I will call tomorrow and ask specifically about "Steve-o's" insurance and get back to you.

• May

Huh?  "Listen"  "e status" ? .........

You will have to explain what you mean before anyone can answer.  Or....call your DMV and ask

• Ron

I don't know. I'll call the PA DMV tomorrow and ask them