Am I supposed to just kill myself if I hate all work and jobs? I do work already and have since I was 15.?

I've saved up quite a bit towards early retirement but I'm not there yet.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Sudz
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Sounds like a nice problem to have if you have a quite a bit saved up towards your retirement.  I have no advice other than to talk to a professional or maybe try a life coach who is understanding and has skills of drawing people out of themselves to get them to the next level.  By the time people feel near retirement it is often when they realize that they could have other options but instead of looking back and being ruled by past ruminations, try to just keep looking forward.  I loved many of my jobs but some worked out and some did not. It happens, it is just apart of life sometimes.  But you are not gone yet. Maybe turn to a hobby or other constructive initiatives to get that work-life balance that you are seeking.  And schedule a few good days or weeks off from work, just sounds like its time. Good luck! 

• 4 weeks ago

No, you go look for work you don't hate.  You don't really hate all work and jobs, you just like telling people you do.  Go find the work you enjoy and get yourself into doing that.

• Sara T4 weeks agoReport

Sounds like something an abusive partner would say.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Uh, no, you're supposed to grow up and act like an adult and do what you need to do.

• 4 weeks ago

There has to be something you like to do.  Make that into a hobby/pastime and then grow that into your own business.  If you need more advice, just leave a comment.

• Sara T4 weeks agoReport

Like to do for work? Uh, God no. I have hobbies but I don't want to monetize them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Rick
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

If you just kill yourself there will be more for me.

• 4 weeks ago

That is why it is called work, not fun or a hobby. Work is not something that is supposed to be liked. You have to do something someone else doesn't want to do or something someone else doesn't want to do.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Unfortunately, you don't get a free ride for life. You either work or you go without.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Boo-hoo, being a gwownup is hawd.  No fair!

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

maybe you should get some help if you feel that way

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.