Blu Ray Players?
1. Does a Blu Ray player accept standard normal DVDs?
2. Do Blu Rays require internet to watch films ?
- Kevin LLv 72 months ago
Yes you can play standard dvd's on blu ray players and they will improve the picture.
And yes you often will need internet connected to play blu ray discs because some blu rays will search for additional software updates and if it can not find internet access it often will not play.
- Anonymous2 months ago
Yes and standard DVDs will also look better when played in a Blu-ray. Not Blu-ray quality but an improvement.
- David ELv 73 months ago
Yes, they read DVDs
No, they do NOT require internet to work
- HeisenbergLv 53 months ago
1) Yes. But keep in mind that the standard regional restriction on these media discs does apply, especially with DVD. Otherwise, yes, the DVD would typically just play like it normally would if you just pop it into the BluRay player.
2) Normally, this is not applicable with most players at all.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- ANDRE LLv 73 months ago
1. Yes, and CDs, as well.
2. No. A BluRay player only needs power to operate, a BluRay disc placed inside of it, and a connection to a TV to play a BluRay film.
- Anonymous3 months ago
Yes, they play regular DVDs. As for the internet, the answer is maybe. The blu rays are encoded and the encoding can be updated, which means the player needs some way to download and install the new keys. This can be done over the internet. Most have a way of doing it by downloading the update to a USB key from a computer and then running the update if the player doesn't have internet access. There should be instructions in the owner's manual.