why is every 8 out of 10 girl i talk to taking "nursing"?

sure its a in demand job and yada yada yada but do u really think each and every one of them will get a nursing job? eventually there will be too many nurses

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

There is a shortage of nurses in most parts of the US and people want financial stability and job security. It's still in demand, even with the millions of RNs already licensed. It is a good profession for people interested in health care or human service. It's traditionally a female dominated profession that has seen an increase in men in recent years.

• edward
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

15 nurses retired last year at my hospital and we hired 37, we still have postings open, 48 of them. Nurses are overworked and underpaid. We need more

• ...Show all comments
    • Damien
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

ridiculous, nurses are among the highest paid profession and yet u still whine about how underpaid they are, never satisfied, most already make above 100 k and still u say "underpaid" LAME!

• :)
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

I don’t really understand the point of this question. We have a lot of baby boomer nurses that are retiring on top of a shortage. They will all have jobs. Mind your business

• 4 weeks ago

They're probably not really in nursing, but an 8/10 girl just says that to reiterate to you that they're out of your league and they want you to go away.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Eventually, the number of nurses needed will be more than the working age population, so even if everyone was trained as a nurse, there wouldn't be too many.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Why does it bother you is a better question.

Its probably one of the best fields for females. Many will raise kids and not work full time later on so the long term demand should still be there with an aging population.

I know a nurse practitioner who pulls down nearly $150k. Way more than I ever earned.

• 4 weeks ago

Maybe you are hanging out near a nursing school.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

where do you get your misinformation?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It pays well - my sister-in-law is a nurse and started at $80K per year.  She's currently 30 and making $120K per year.  There are constant nurse shortages, and that will likely increase as baby boomers needs more medical care, and as Republican destruction of health care in the US continues.

Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Because it pays well.  Nursing programs always have a limit on the number of students.  So shortages are the norm.  

In most colleges and universities, you can’t even get into the program without at least a B in A&P.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.