do you need a pay stub to purchase a gun in OR?

Update:

i'm a student that's why i ask, i thought unemployed people couldn't purchase guns 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • KaleyK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely not.  Having employment is not a requirement to purchase a firearm in Oregon or any state.  Students, self-employed, unemployed, retired, etc are people without a pay stub but can still legally purchase a firearm. 

• 1 month ago

A pay stub may help in acting as a second form of ID (showing your name lives at a particular address). But no, it wouldn't be required. The second amendment (or any other rights) are not afforded only to those who are employed, but apply to everyone.

• 1 month ago

No. If you want a payment plan, they can require proof of income. Beyond that, a pay statement isn't even ID.

• Neil
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

In Oregon or any other state, a pay stub is completely irrelevsnt to gun-buying.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, because not everyone works.

• 1 month ago

By federal law, you need a government issued picture ID.  Some states require a second ID that has your name and address on it, like your voter's card or car registration or utility bill or maybe (depending on the state) a pay stub.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, and why would you?

• 1 month ago

I doubt it. That would mean retired people couldn't purchase a gun.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.