Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 8 months ago

What do you think of a husband who tells a wife her pain medicine is too expensive?

I live in extreme excruciating pain and rely on a medicine that our insurance normally covers and is 600 a month without insurance. We have blue cross blue shield. This month our deductible hasn't been met so to get that medicine which I will be out of by Thursday costs 300. My husband said I'm not paying that much. I don't care. I said I'll be in extreme pain by Thursday when my meds run out if I don't have it. He said I don't care. Our insurance is trying to screw us over and I'm not gonna do it. We have a joint account and we have the money in there so I have decided to take it out on Wednesday if he doesn't pay it because I contribute to that account to each month. What do I do?

I refuse to be in pain like I normally am and go through withdrawals when we have the money and I think my husband is selfish as hell saying what he did knowing my life ceases as it is without my meds

• Robert

1- Empty the account. 2- Buy your medicine. 3-File for Divorce under cruelty grounds.

You obviously get your medication because it's not fair nor human to expect you to be in pain when you can afford the medication.

And even if you two couldn't afford it, a loving and good husband would do anything to get the money and get you the medication you need.

I don't know you or your relationship but your husband sounds like dismissive and generally like a piece of shiTT.

• Jesere

Did he try good RX my oxycodone 10 mg was about $115.00 for 90

• Marc

Well if it is a joint account and its your money as a married couble, BY LAW, you have access to it. Go get your meds and if your husband has one thing to say about it, your response is quite straight and clear. "Im not sure why you think it is up to you to have any say in my healthcare, how I spend the money that is our account or why you think you any control over me, but whatever the reason, it has nothing to do with me and everything to do with you. I suggest that you figure out why you think you have this role in this relationship, but if you want it to continue, you need to figure it out."

I have been in relationships with very unhealthy people who want to control and manipulate the situation. They are toxic. If you are going to be in extreme pain and your husbands response is "I dont care", you seriously need to think about making a better choice. He is telling you something about himself. And you need to look in the mirror and figure out why you are with a man like this and why you stay with him. There is something in you that tells you that this is where you belong and you deserve to treated this way. I can tell you after 20+ years of disfunctional relationships if my partner ever said this to me, the relationship would be over that instant. Sorry if this came off strong, but I am passionate about this.

You deserve to be happy. You deserve to be with someone you love and loves you back, unconditionally.