Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

On Google reviews. If I am write a review about a lawyer. And start it by saying in our opinion... Could he sue me ?

We had a lawyer who did incompetent job. I want to write a review about this lawyer. But knowing his personality he may go to great lengths to find out who I am and try to sue me for my review on Google is that possible that he could sue me? I'll start the post off saying in our opinion...

EVERYTHING on Google reviews is an opinion, so that disclaimer is WORTHLESS. What you say later WILL identify you or be so vaugue the 'review' is useless.

Yes, quite possible.

It is VERY easy to find who wrote a Google review.  Many times the facts, the situation, point directly at the person who complained.

Yes, if you "am write a review" you could be sued.  If the review sticks to facts (the attorney was incompetent.  This is what he or she SHOULD have done.  This is what he/she did instead of what he/she SHOULD have done) and if you are correct, the attorney would lose.

I would be very careful and would research defamation very, very carefully.

Anyone can sue for anything. The question is rather you'd win.

As long as you are honest about your opinion it would be hard for them to win.