Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

Is there a cat laxative to help cats pass hairballs?

To smart mouth Anonymous..my cat cannot get this hairball out.

• Jerry
    Favorite Answer

Mix a little butter in which Kitty's favorite food. Don't feed your animals or yourself petroleum products like Vaseline, mineral oil, etc. If you want your cat to lick oil from its paws, used an oil that is FOOD like cooking oil. 

• Laura/Marcus

If you give your cat the hairball control greenies they work well. I give my cat two a week and he never throws up a single hairball. Also he loves them. All I have to do is open the bag and he’s all over me wanting the treat.

That's just being kitty. A cat doesn't have a gagging reflex. It swallows birds & mice whole. Then, it up chucks feathers & fur. Deal with it. A Kitty isn't going to change.

I have been using miralax on my senior cat for two years. She gets a teaspoon mixed in her wet food every morning. She used to cry and strain horribly. Now she is regular. ❤️

Just use a bloody shock collar, mate.

Yes this one https://amzn.to/2G8Xt23 Note, though, that if a hairball is really large it can cause a blockage in the intestines and DEATH. PREVENT hairballs by COMBING your cat to remove the loose hair so the poor thing doesn't keep swallowing it.

If you want a food with a hairball preventative this is an excellent one. https://amzn.to/3auleQ4

• I agree with your first point (one of my cats almost had to have abdominal surgery twice b/c of hairballs) but Blue Buffalo is horrible food.

I let my cats eat some butter--have also fed them Vaseline--none ever got sick from it...you can also add some canned pumpkin to their food --and extra water helps.  vet also told me I could use a 1/4 tsp of miralax in their food--but honestly--the butter works better!

Yes, there is. Most pet stores and vet offices sell it.

Grass is best. Cat grass. You can get it in the pet store.

Put just a tiny amount of Vaseline on its paws and it will lick it off.