Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 year ago

Is there a cat laxative to help cats pass hairballs?

To smart mouth Anonymous..my cat cannot get this hairball out.

• Jerry
    1 year ago

Mix a little butter in which Kitty's favorite food. Don't feed your animals or yourself petroleum products like Vaseline, mineral oil, etc. If you want your cat to lick oil from its paws, used an oil that is FOOD like cooking oil. 

1 year ago

That's just being kitty. A cat doesn't have a gagging reflex. It swallows birds & mice whole. Then, it up chucks feathers & fur. Deal with it. A Kitty isn't going to change.

• 1 year ago

I have been using miralax on my senior cat for two years. She gets a teaspoon mixed in her wet food every morning. She used to cry and strain horribly. Now she is regular. ❤️

1 year ago

Just use a bloody shock collar, mate.

• 1 year ago

Yes this one https://amzn.to/2G8Xt23 Note, though, that if a hairball is really large it can cause a blockage in the intestines and DEATH. PREVENT hairballs by COMBING your cat to remove the loose hair so the poor thing doesn't keep swallowing it.

If you want a food with a hairball preventative this is an excellent one. https://amzn.to/3auleQ4

• ?
    1 year ago

I let my cats eat some butter--have also fed them Vaseline--none ever got sick from it...you can also add some canned pumpkin to their food --and extra water helps.  vet also told me I could use a 1/4 tsp of miralax in their food--but honestly--the butter works better!

• 1 year ago

Yes, there is. Most pet stores and vet offices sell it.

1 year ago

Grass is best. Cat grass. You can get it in the pet store.

1 year ago

Put just a tiny amount of Vaseline on its paws and it will lick it off.