Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 3 months ago

My doctor prescribed me Promethazine for anxiety but I can't see anywhere online saying it is for anxiety on a daily basis?

other than for anxiety before and after surgery. I said to my doctor the box and information leaflet inside say not to take for longer than 7 days and she said I can do that, so I'm confused because she is telling me something contrary to what the box and information leaflet inside say. But she said if you're not happy with doing that, just take it whenever you need it, say for going out somewhere where it may make my anxiety worse, which is good because the only time I really need it is when I go out and interact with people because that's when anxiety affects me the most. But what do you think? I always award Best Answer by the way.

I think your doctor is probably right, but you can seek a second opinion if you want to. Don't worry about the insert on the box; doctors generally know when it's okay to disregard it.