jimmy asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

What are my chances ?

Im a healthy fit 26 year old male but my dog accidentally licked my cut on my hand while I was feeding him I’ve her about that disease capynocytophaga that causes you to loose limbs yet incredibly rare mostly seen in patients with compromised immune systems , 

Should I be concerned the recent cases I read they were healthy individuals with healthy immune systems

Im going crazy thinking I’m going to die once the cut got licked wouldn’t the infection get it ?

I cleaned it but still I’m worried

• balan

Dogs saliva can have rabis virus even though it is domesticated.Better check with your physician and take a remedial shot.Regards.

You should be proactive and immediately rehome your dog.  He will likely lick you again, and as you know, all dogs carry capnocytophaga.

• kelvin

lies

• kelvin

no you should not be

• Sam

Which recent licking cases are you referring to?   

You cleaned it, so stop worrying.  

If your dog bites you, then worry,

but licking your cut, although gross and not a good practice, 

won't kill you. 

I wonder why you are not at all concerned about the dog getting sick from licking you  ;)  

Source(s): They have therapy dogs that visit sick children in hospitals. Think about that.