? asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

Could i live off of gofundme if i make fake fundraisors and keep all the money?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You wouldn't actually COLLECT from the first campaign before gofundme banned you for life.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

you could end up in prison,people have. But anyway, would be very unlikely to get much if anything.

• 1 month ago

No. You'll spend some time living in jail or prison.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. People aren't that generous. You have no idea what it takes to 'live' a certain lifestyle. Consider most 'self-employed' people: they need to cheat, lie and steal $$$ from their customers, making up false reasons for why and what services are needed. And then justifying it with 'well if they're stupid enough to believe me .....'

So go ahead and try, but do you really think you are going to be able to con people out of 30-60K a year? People aren't that generous or caring.

• Jennifer
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Remember the PTL club?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You probably could as you'll go to jail for fraud and have 3 hots and a cot.

• 1 month ago

The state will give you a bed to sleep in, 3 meals a day, health care, etc.  It's really a good deal.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Sure, right up to where you go to prison for "fraudulent schemes".

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do that and you risk becoming 'one of the disappeared' sooner than you might think.

• Jeff
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

If you’re willing to serve some jail time, sure. This is highly illegal. Reported.

• ...Show all comments
    • Jeff
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Because the question asks about illegal activity... that’s pretty straightforward.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.