Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Can crisis team tell my family they’re concerned about me (breach confidentiality) I don’t want my family knowing anything but they’re ?

Threatening to tell them a few things because apparently they’re concerned.

Update:

UK mental health 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

IN your case it is already to late to care!

• Mini
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

only if you are a threat to yourself or others. 

• 1 month ago

I donr understand what this question is asking, but please go to my profile and answer the quetion that says "Am i hot"

• S1 month agoReport

Reported 

• 1 month ago

In my experience, if it is necessary to save your life, i.e., if you are showing signs of suicidal ideation, then yes they can tell your family what is going on.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I cannot answer for the United Kingdom's mental health laws but I can answer for America.  It is a federal offense to breach a patient's confidentiality without their written consent.

However, you do not say what the team is concerned about.

In some cases where a patient is suicidal, homicidal or psychotic, a breach of confidentiality would be expected in order to save lives.

• 1 month agoReport

Suicidal. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Here's an idea - take the advice of your "crisis team."   How many times do you plan on asking this question?

• Max F
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

In the UK, US and Australia (at least) confidentiality can be breached for this reason - harm to yourself or others.  If they believe disclosing the concerns will keep you safe then yes.

• ...Show all comments
    • Elza1 month agoReport

Mentally ill POTENTIALLY, but with a poor attitude like hers she is gonna end up behind bars before any psych hospital bothers to look at her.

• 1 month ago

If you are over 18, they can't tell them anything unless you are a danger to them or they need to know something to keep you safe. Either way they would only tell the minimum. If you are under 18 or signed a release, they can tell them a lot.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you're over 18 they cannot tell anyone anything without your permission.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No..............

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.