I am a stutterer. I have been stuttering since I was a kid. I have good days and bad days. Will speech therapy help?

Couldn't hurt. If you can afford it, go for it !  Good luck !

Yes, speech therapy can help. You can also try things on your own like taking certain words, such as Mississippi (or certain words that are difficult for you) and practice saying it faster. This is going to sound silly, but I did a lot of my own speech therapy (more self paced than with a therapist) and I think a big part that helped with my speech to be faster and for me to stutter less was confidence when speaking but before that happens, you need the obvious prerequisites which are speech therapy, whether it's with a therapist or on your own,.. and practice. I mean real confidence, not faked. If you have to.. talk to yourself to practice also. Practice is practice and if people are looking at you, just put in a phone ear piece and pretend you're talking to someone on the phone or do it in your car while driving. Lots of practice. Confidence and less stuttering comes with practice, just like everything else.

"Mark" also has a good point. One other factor that definitely contributed to my success was not letting stressful situations or people take away my personal power. When that used to happen the stuttering and slow talking was horrible, when I let outside influences and negative people affect me. You will, unfortunately, have to learn to stand more confident when life is throwing crap at you and realize that outside influences, as miserable as they can be, are just that... outside influences.. Don't let them become inside (internal) influences and stand up to them with confidence and tell them where to shove it. Maintain your positivity.

• patty

Watch the movie The Kings Speech

Thats cool because if you are a Harry Potter Fan and can be like, i'm professor Quirrwl!

I certainly hope so

• Mamie

Speech therapy should help.  But you have to work at it.

I used to stutter and stammer and lisp.  Nobody... and I mean NOBODY... believes that now when I tell them.

Of course, you need speech therapy. You 'll feel really better!

• Tavy

Absolutely, a relative of mine had it and he can now control his speech

• Alfred

yes...go for it, please

Natural Treatment of Stammering | Ayurvedic Medicines

(Click link below) :-

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&so...

• harry1 month agoReport

excellent