how much it cost to do a DriverUpdate on my DeskTop Computer Windows 7?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Who
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Dont bother

in over 40 years I have never known something not to work cos of a "faulty" driver, and very few times I have seen an update actually noticeably improve things

but I have seen an update f//k something up many times

as already said -

If it aint broke dont try to fix it (by updating a driver) cos most likely its got nothing to do with the driver - but YOU are doing something wrong

• 1 month ago

Generally, it is auto-updated if connected to the internet with ZERO cost

• 1 month ago

to late .. as of JAN 14 you cannot do updates on line. MAYBE if you find a good computer repair shop you may if lucky have it updated there IF they have someone who was thoughtful enough to download and save ALL UPDATES before they were discontinued.

You can go to the Manufacturer site put in your model number etc. and run updates threw them IF you have the original hardware installed. IF you did upgrades to hardware you will need to go to each hardware manufacture and do it.

• George
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Driver updates should be free from your PC manufacturer's website or through Windows Update. 

If any program is saying you need to pay in order to update drivers then it is most likely malware or adware. There are driver updater programs that exist and aren't malicious, but they're usually also not that reliable in finding the best drivers all the time.

Your best bet is to use your manufacturer's site or utilities. For example, Dell computers have a program called SupportAssist which can update drivers, and HP has their own support assistant program as well.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You generally don't update drivers. You only install drivers in three cases - when you just finished installing the OS, when you change hardware, and when the hardware seems to be malfunctioning. The first thing you do to salvage it is to reinstall the driver, ideally with the newest version but there's no harm in using the old one. If you frequently see issues about your computer's drivers, chances are you have upgraded to a newer version of your OS and you should be needing an entirely new computer already.

• 1 month ago

It will cost you absolutely NOTHING to update drivers on your computer, sir.

You need to visit the manufacturer's website for the piece(s) of hardware that you need to update, enter the details of the specific product, indicate that you are using Windows 7, then start the search.  (The specific product comes into it as things such as video/graphics cards, soundcards, webcams, etc. will have been 'improved' over the years, so would need, in many cases, require a driver for that specific product.)

• David
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It will cost nothing at all, if drivers are available. If drivers are not available, it will still cost nothing at all. It will just never get done.

• Ron75
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You can get a driver updater program that will watch your drivers and update them when they need to be. I believe that AVG has one and I am sure that there are others also.

Ron

• 1 month ago

Just modify the OS.

• i don't understand your answer, what does modify the OS mean?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.