What kind of CPU/GPU is needed to play 4K/60 HDR VP9 videos smoothly on Youtube?

I have a 2 core/4 thread i3-3220 with an RX 560 and I get a lot of stuttering and dropped frames.

The CPU usage is at 100%, but the GPU is only around 10%.

Thanks for the answers.  My RAM is very slow.  It's DDR3 1333.  Could that be the issue?

I'm not sure if my VP9 codec has RX 560 hardware support.  I'll check.

your intel cpu has Intel HD 2500 which is not capable of such playback performance. Your mainboard performance is medium and even fitting a good gpu probably would not help. dont know about the RX 560 capabilities. Its not all about the cpu or the gpu, you have to add in the effects of RAM and the mainboard chipset throughput capabilities not mentioning which way the display is connected and whether you are adding in digital sound data via the display cable.

Does your VP9 codec have support for VP9 hardware acceleration on your AMD Radeon card?

What's your RAM speed?