Sharehouse pool table or Space and quiet?

When we decided to move in together, my housemates an I that we all wanted a laid back house and not a party house. Fast forward 7 months, they've had a couple of parties and I did not say anything (except for that 1 weeknight, around 11pm when I asked them to keep it down because I have work the next day). Now, they want a pool table in the garage. She's asking if it's ok. I said preferably not because I want the garage vacant in case someone will use it (all 3 of us have cars, but we normally all park in the 2 car ports and one in the street. I use the garage when I'll be gone for a few days so my car will be safe and out of their way). Moreover, this is a clear sign they will have more parties, which I am not keen on because I want a quiet, clean, relaxed house (which they said they also wanted). Am I being rude when I say no, I really don't want that pool table in the garage? should I be more flexible? I am genuinely curious.

i would move out

You may need to seek out a different housing situation if the majority of your housemates want this kind of recreation. In most scenarios it's the will of the majority that gets its way.

• Jerry

So the lease will be expiring in 4-5 months? Tell your roomies what you've told us, that you feel like the original "not a party house" agreement is already being violated, that current level of entertaining guests in the shared home is already interfering with your need to be well rested for work. Discuss the possibility of "I'll look for another place to live so you can find a roomie who welcomes having a lot of company, but please hold off on the pool table until I can find another place."