Diamond asked in SportsRunning · 8 months ago

Need help getting back into shape (running?

I never was really muscular, but last year I weighed 20 lbs less, could run 2-4 miles a day (sometimes more if I wanted to) and looked good. Been traveling for a year and fell off the wagon and gain a solid 20. Need to get back into shape but it’s hard for me to run past two miles and I usually last for 1 to 1.5

Any tips?

• .

It takes practice. The more you run your 1 - 1.5 miles, the easier it will get. It won't be long before you'll be able to go farther. You may even want to try run/walk intervals to increase your distance, and then begin increasing the run interval and shortening the walk interval over time, until you're running the entire chosen distance. Shoot for running at least 3x a week. Do some cross training, to include strength training on at least 2 of your non-running days. You should be able to go 2+ miles again in no time.