I owe parking tickets I have small lottery win will they take money from my lottery win for those tickets?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The state won't take money from your lottery to pay for your traffic tickets they'll still be there and you'll still have to face the consequences of not paying them so now that you have the means to pay them pay the traffic tickets

• 4 weeks ago

The lottery commission is a separate entity that has no in-depth interaction with any state or federal government agencies.

The only government agencies that the lottery commission may contact are...

* The State Treasury department where you live in.

* The State Treasury department where you purchased (& redeemed) the ticket from

* The Federal Treasury department / IRS

They will only contact these agencies if your lottery winnings exceed a certain threshold.  While it can be as low as $100, but it does vary by state & is usually disclosed when you have to submit extra paperwork with your winning ticket.

As a result, you will get the full amount of your lottery winnings (less any automatic withholdings from the lottery commission for taxes).  You'll have to pay your parking tickets (which is usually issued from a local government level) manually.

• 1 month ago

You need to cash in the ticket.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.