Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

Why would a kid bring a lunchbox to a restaurant if they are there to eat food?

This is ridiculous. Why does this happen?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Stop judging. It could easily be that the child may have food issues, intolerances, allergies, what have you, and the parents are including that child so they would still feel like part of the family. So sorry it bothers you, guess we all can't be perfect or have perfect kids.

• 4 weeks ago

Small children are very picky. They tend to go through phases where they will only eat one or two types of food for weeks at a time. It doesn’t mean they’re spoiled, like other people are saying. It just means they found something they like so that’s what they want to eat. Kids don’t realize they need a balanced diet. They just know what they like.  

• Ann
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It could be a very good reason:  at first glance people would assume the kid is just spoiled, but it could be severe food allergies which could me life threatening.  The child could also be Autistic, routine is important and they might only eat certain foods and certain meals must be from the lunch box,  we should have tolerance as we do not know what the child is dealing with.

• 1 month ago

So Mommy can steal the silverware.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Why not just get chicken breasts

• audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Could be they're spoiled brats who won't only eat one or two foods. Better the lunch box than listening to them scream!

• 1 month ago

They may have dietary restrictions which is quite common today.

• 1 month ago

They might be picky about foods and they might not like the meals at the restaurant.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Along with what's already been said, young children can have a narrow window between "hungry enough to eat" and "insane tantrum from being overly hungry". I always have a back-up snack for slow service when I go out with my 2 and 3 year olds.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The kid might have special needs and the parents might want it to be a family occasion/can't get a babysitter, or they might have very specific dietary needs (e.g. have severe allergies or intolerance). Or maybe the child is just fussy but the family want to spend time as a family  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.