Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 8 months ago

Help! There is a rattle snake in my basement. What should I do? ?

• Carson

Call GAME AND FISH ask

Shoot it

Grab a shovel and the biggest old sheet you have

Throw the sheet over it, gather it up or hit it.

• jamz

get a mongoose.

Having been called out on numerous "rattlesnake", "water moccasin", and "coral snake" calls, I'd say that the first thing to do is to determine whether the snake really IS a rattler. I'm betting that it is not. If it is, there are people who know what they are doing and might even be willing to remove it free of charge. Check anapsid.org to see if there is a herp society near you or call the zoology department of a nearby university.

Well the proper thing would be to call a pest control man. But if you're like me broke and poor you go get yourself a gallon of muriatic acid and you get yourself a gallon of chlorine liquid you get yourself a plastic garbage can and you put the plastic garbage can in your basement and you pour the acid and the chlorine in the garbage can and you run you close the basement door. Keep it closed A day and I will guarantee you anything in that basement will be dead. Then the trick is to ventilate the basement out the window and get that chlorine gas out of the basement chlorine gas sinks to the floor so you're going to have to really stir up the air on the floor and get it out of the window. You may have to run up the stairs take a breath run down and open the window. And put an exhaust fan in the window. Remember that chlorine gas will kill you very quickly just like it killed that snake that's in that basement somewhere dead.

take it outside

shoot the snake with a pellet gun....

• Rick

shoot it you pussy !!!!

I’d hire a professional to get it out. Call animal control or an exterminator.