Safe to travel to London at 19? ?

I am a 19 year old female and my boyfriend is a 20 year old male. Just recently he invited me to go to London with him. We’d be staying for two nights. What I am worried about is how safe of a city London is. I’ve heard that currently there are many people residing there, specifically Muslims, who are targeting Americans / tourists because of Donald Trump. We are both Americans so this concerns me.

Also, I know there’s been an increase in knife crime over there as well as terrorist attacks. 

In general, would it be safe for a 19 year old and 20 year old to be traveling there alone? If so, any travel advice?

I think you Americans are a bunch of retards and you guys love fake news so much. Do you know HOW MANY AMERICANS LIVE IN EAST LONDON WHICH HAS A 60% MUSLIM MAJORITY? MOST MUSLIMS DO NOT EVEN CARE ABOUT TRUMP.

I know because I use to live in East London myself. I am not a Muslim.

• Jon

Another planted fake question by a right-wing  troll trying to spread the ridiculous idea that London has lots of violent hate crime aimed at foreign tourists. As predictable as it is pathetic.

yes of course it is safe.

What are the sources where you "heard" these things?

National Enquirer? Fox news?

I was in London 4 weeks ago -I am 60 and I had NO problems at all

I find London Safer than my own city!

• i am over 80 was in London 2 years ago did a walking tour of London's night life Soho all of the west end of London got back to the Hotel about 0330

• F

London is far safer than an major US city. Use the same sense you use at home, don't go wandering into dodgy neighbourhoods.

Large numbers of Americans visit London every year with no problems.

It seems you heard a load of rubbish. Nobody is targeting Americans

or gives a thought about Trump.

As with any large cities there is crime but not in the tourist areas

Where have you heard this nonense?

As an American, you're far more likely to be killed in America (and probably by a white 'Christian' American with a gun)

As a tourist, no-one cares; London is hugely multicultural, and no-one is going to target you, Muslim or otherwise, because of where you're from.

London is a very safe place. I have certainly never heard of Muslims, who are targeting Americans / tourists because of Donald Trump..

• Clive

It's a very safe country.  I'd feel more concerned about going to the USA, where you can more easily get shot.  It's a much more dangerous country than the UK.  If you think I'm stupid to say this, now you know what I think about what you're saying about London.

Any part of London you are likely to want to be in is perfectly safe.  The most that is likely to happen is pickpocketing in crowded shopping streets.  Look, there are more than 8 million of us in London, so the vast majority of us never see any crime.

How are both travelling alone if you're together? Stupid people should stay at home.

London is completely safe.  I was there for several weeks in November/December and had no issues, other than the privatized train service sucks.  

• Clive

So you are a socialist?