Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

How would you approach the situation/ addressing sanitation?  ?

You notice someones in your bathroom. As they were coming into the bathroom they had a plate of food with them so it's sitting on top of the bathroom sink.They lift the toilet seat and they are touching the inner rim of the toilet seat with their hands and it looks as if they seen something so they are scratching something off the rim with their hands, with the intentions of placing a toilet bowl cleaner inside the toilet bowl. They lift the lid down pick up their plate of food and walk out of the bathroom. Meanwhile I mentioned that it was disguising, and asked if he can at least wash his hands before you just walk out the bathroom with a plate of food in your hands. (After all the toilet bowl is not the cleanest thing or place where you want to bring food in the bathroom. Even if I do constantly try to keep the bathroom clean.) He's annoyed because I just told him it's disgusting and he should wash his hands...This is proper sanitation practices that most people should know about. He says he will wash his hands only after I mention it and washes it down stairs in the kitchen sink.  He actually has a attitude about it and the fact that he didn't even wash his hands in the bathroom shows he doesn't quite listen or get the point of common sanitation practices. I don't even know why he brought his food in the bathroom to be honest. The point is shouldn't he be aware of just proper common sanitation or cleanliness practices. 

Yes his attentions was to put toilet cleaner in the bowl, but the way he went about doing it defeats the overall purpose of proper cleanliness. How would you address the situation in a way where you are not trying to argue with a person but they seem to not get things sometimes when your just addressing something that needs to be addressed?

• Jerry

So now you know that in choosing a room mate you should be asking about hand washing habits, huh? In my own home, when you get home you're expected to wash your hands right away before you start touching stuff. Guests are also requested to please wash hands "before I get you a drink." In the future, ask about stuff like this when you're looking for a compatible roomie. 

Exactly how were you harmed by this?

Do you enjoy people criticizing you and calling you disgusting? Neither do others, hence the attitude. Try making alternative suggestions instead. You can't force your will down someone else's throat. They have to make those decisions themselves so the most you can do is point out the dangers, consequences and other more common practices.

OMG WHAT AN IDIOT ON EARTH DOES THAT!!!!

It doesnt matter

just dont invite him over again if hes going to do that